About Greater Cairo Foundries Co.
- GCF is an industrial company with a focus on providing the MENA region with highest standards of ductile iron Water pipe line products.
- It started in the mid-eighties as a small boutique foundry in the industrial area of Cairo and today is a powerhouse.
- We proud ourselves to be the preferred supplier of Ductile iron pipeline products in the Egyptian market.
- Our products are satisfactorily sold in the MENA region, Europe and Africa.
- Our range of diameters of Fittings and Flanged pipes extends from nominal size DN80 to nominal size DN 2600, with nominal pressures of PN10, PN16 and PN25.
- Our Size range of DI pipes start from DN100mm to DN 800mm.
- Our production has been a trademark in the WPP industry and our customers have been growing consistently ever since.
- This clients’ satisfaction, our excellent delivery periods, our after service and above all our quality of staff.
To become a global leading company in the Ductile Iron pipe line business with an outstanding brand name in the MENA, African, and European regions.
- To earn customer loyalty through highest standards of quality and consistently meeting promised delivery.
- To create a culture of respect and integrity among our people and to support team spirit and constantly working as one team.
- To offer accident and hazard free working environment.
- To increase the living standards of our neighboring communities.
- To remain profitable through consistent development and cost saving strategy.
- To continually invest in its people by training them and upgrading their skills.
Greater Cairo Foundries (GCF) is a leading manufacturing company that has a variety of products.
It started in 1984 as a jobbing foundry serving many industries such as Cement, construction, valves and pumps manufacturers, and steel producers among other clients.
Today GCF has 1000 employees and its facilities cover 30 acres and its functions include casting, machining, testing, inspection labs, painting facilities, and engineering services.
Company founded as a unique supplier of castings for pumps and valves as well as special alloy steel for cement and steel industries in the old industrial zone of Cairo.
The factory moved to Inshas Industrial area to expand its production to meet the growing demand of infrastructure projects in Egypt. The factory focused ever since on Water Pipeline products (WPP) namely fittings and mechanical joints. The foundry and machine shop state of the art painting shop is built on 20,000 Sqm. Today GCF is the largest and most reputable supplier of Ductile Iron fittings and Mechanical Joints in Middle East and Africa. It produces 20,000 tons per annum of fittings and Mechanical Joints.
GCF enters the valve market serving the water, sewage and irrigation infrastructure. Today GCF is focused on producing Metal Seated Gate Valves and Non Return Swing Check valves from DN 80 to DN 1800
Sierra Engineering and Manufacturing (www.sierra-eg.com) spins off from GCF as a sister company producing wide range of industrial valves. Sierra focuses on engineering, machining, development and production of butterfly, control, plug, swing flex and many other types of valves. Sierra is today a trade mark in the valve market.
GCF completes the Ductile Iron Pipes plant producing DI Pipes sizes 100mm to 800mm. The factory is built on 40000 sqm with a production capacity of 100,000 tons per annum.